Today was slightly different. I did a catching up day. I cooked 8 recipes all of which are butters. So I’m gonna go slightly fast on this one. To start off with, I creamed a pack and a half of butter. I just beat it until it was soft. Then I divided it into 8 portions (there was about an ounce per portion). Then
- In one I added some mustard, it made it taste quite like horse radish sauce, it would be a respectable substitute
- In another I added some anchovies, it tasted slightly odd but was still nice
- In a third, I added some lemon, shallots and parsley, to make a maitre d butter, it was nice but not my fave,
- In a fourth I added some garlic which had been boiled and then pounded (always pound garlic it makes it taste so much better) it makes a nice butter and the garlic taste wasn’t harsh or mellow because of boiling.
- In the fifth I added some garlic and some parsley to make a snail butter
- In the pen-penultimate, I put in some sieved hard boiled egg. It tasted really nice and almost like an egg mayo
- In the penultimate, I added some red wine that I reduced. It was really weird. I’m not a fan of it I have to say, but hey.
- In the last one, I added some vermouth that I reduced. It was basically a much nicer version of the red wine one. Dope.
That was productive! I’m almost up to date, key word being almost. I have two more to write in an hour. Can I do it? stay tuned…